my fashion diary.

Monday, December 8, 2014

The Hippy Hippie

The Hippy Hippie| 70's Style Capture

I wanted to share with you this trend I saw reappear while shopping.
BELL BOTTOMS & PALAZZO PANTS!
I'm so excited to see this comeback around.
I thought it was gonna happen earlier this year (March/April) but didn't see it mainstream.
Nonetheless bell bottoms, palazzo's, flare's & wide leg jeans have made their way back to my heart!



Now this is always pretty tricky for taller women like myself.
I'd usually steer clear of the super wide leg pant but I will not let my height stop me.
I'm riding the wave this time around!
RETAILERS- YOU NEED TO HAVE A TALL IN EVERY STYLE.
It's almost 2015.
Come on, now ;-)



I haven't been able to find a retailer who makes tall bell bottoms or palazzo's...
SO, I opted to do it myself.
TALL FASHIONISTA TIPS:
1.Wear high-top boots so your ankles don't show 
(because ankles and bell bottoms are just blah- LOL).
2. Find wide-leg's in a stretchy material & pull at the seams (not too hard).
This will loosen/stretch out the seam, making them a little bit longer (maybe an inch or two).



When I saw this trend at my favorite retailers, It got me so excited. 
I am such a flower child!
I would've loved to be a teen in the disco era.
I could see me now with my fro, holding up the peace sign.




Woven Palazzo Pants HERE

Steve Madden Rickshaw Booties HERE

Similar purse HERE
These pants do everything for my hips!
YES, MA'AM.
It's a pretty cool, updated 70's look.
I could've gone overboard with a colorful shirt but decided to keep it simple.
Hope you like!
Let us know what you think.

TALL GIRLS CAN ROCK PALAZZO'S!




Signed, 
The Hippy Hippie.
C.B.B.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment