my fashion diary.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Wonder Years [001]


"Lend me your ear & I'll sing you a song/ And I'll try not to sing out of key"



This location is right in the heart of my hometown (Trenton, NJ). Not the best place to live however, home to some of the greatest memories in my heart. Remember how as a child you kept hearing "One day you're gonna wish you were a kid."? I never thought I'd look back & reminisce on those times. One moment you're sharing crayons with your very first friend and the next you're forced to share your food with your husband & children- ha!.





My neighborhood was different back then. We looked out for one another. We were family. We had friends, real friends. No facebook. Just double-dutch. Tag, Truth/Dare, & Chinese Jump rope.  I remember riding my bike all day with a basket that my neighbor installed, mini radio on blast, Spice Girl cassettes that I made recording from the radio, & just enough money to buy snacks until dinner.





My bike was my car. My friends were my family. School was my career. My allowance was my paycheck. Aaliyah was my name. Usher was my boo. My mirror was my audience & my hairbrush was my microphone.  Life was grand...and I didn't even know it.



Those moments happened in every town, in every state, in every country. Not just mine. But it sure feels good to have those pure memories. Those times will last forever in our hearts. Man, those times...
 Good times. 



"Back in the days when I was young I'm not a kid anymore
But some days I sit and wish I was a kid again
Back in the days when I was young I'm not a kid anymore
But some days I sit and wish I was a kid again
Back in the days when I was young I'm not a kid anymore
But some days I sit and wish I was a kid again"



"Yall remember way back then, when it was 85/ 
All the way live, I think I was about ten"





I absolutely love my life and how much I've grown. I have 2 beautiful boys & a loving fiance. I work for an awesome company helping children, I have a small non-profit that services 35 girls, & I am a model/photographer. I wouldn't change a thing. I will continue to grow. I will continue to learn. I am reaching my goals!

But sometimes I sit & think about the years I was raised...Back In The Days.



Thank you for reading & taking it back with me! Share your memories. Stay tuned for next weeks swimsuit edition! It's already scheduled. Lol. See ya soon.

Happy Mother's Day to all MOMS!
From Curvy Brittnie Blogs
Here's a treat for my taller mama's! $20 off (ENDS TOMORROW 5/12)


Check out my non-profit IGNITE GIRLS
<3








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment