Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Aspire To Inspire: The Overcomer (Nigeria)

People told me that I was ugly. They told me I was worthless. I hated smiling.  I didn't think I would ever be happy. For years I would cut myself. I still have the scars. I was depressed. I really believed I was a nobody.


 About 2 yrs ago, I stopped cutting when I saw my little brother do it. That was my breaking point. It brought tears to my eyes. Then he said "Now you see how I feel."  I will never cut again.


Now, I am getting to know myself. I am 16. My name is Nigeria. I think I am beautiful. I wore a dress today. My friend straightened my hair. Ms.Brittnie took my pictures. I feel like a model too. I feel very pretty. I didn't even cover my arms.




Maybe one day I can become a model or a photographer. Maybe a social worker. I think I can do it. I want to make things beautiful again.







-Nigeria


1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful and amazing. Thanks for having the strength to tell your story. Please don't let anyone take this away from you. Keep going. You will inspire so many. <3 -Lila

    ReplyDelete